The VL Ring Crown family derives from a lamp designed by architect Vilhelm Lauritzen for the Danish Broadcasting House in Copenhagen in the 1940s. The wall lamp, pendant, and chandelier versions, with the characteristic organic form, were put to good use at the Danish Broadcasting House. In 1947, the designer Finn Juhl, who worked for Vilhelm Lauritzen, used the VL Ring Crown as part of the interior design for the Danish porcelain manufacturer Bing & Grøndahl in Copenhagen. True to its original materials and design, the VL Ring Crown was reintroduced in 2019. It’s made of untreated, polished brass and with three, five, or seven shades in glossy white, triple-layered, handblown opal glass.